Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines' Day Everyone

Valentine, Valentine, will you be my Valentine? Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Sugar is Sweet and So are You. I can remember as a child looking forward to this particular "holiday" at school because it was my chance to share with my friends those "special" store-bought treasures of friendship. I would carefully select "the one" for each child in my class and then wait anxiously until I got to school to place them in each mailbox. This year was no different. I helped each one of my children select their valentines. It was interesting to watch them select with careful thought just the right valentine for each friend. Shades of yester-years flashed through my mind. And, then the talk on the way to school was all about their mailboxes that they had made to hold all the goodies they would receive from their friends.



Well, I don't send store-bought valentines anymore to all my friends at school, but I did want to take just a moment to say "Happy Valentines' Day" dear friends. You all are the very best!!!! So, I pray that today you will feel the warm, unconditional, everlasting love of Jesus all day long.



Blessings!!!

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Happy Valentines' to you too!

blessings
steph.

Cheri said...

Hey DeAnna,
I like the new look of your blog. Very nice!

I'm a day late but Happy V-Day to you, too!

Amy Wyatt said...

It's late but I hope you had a great Valentine's Day. I love the new look on the blog.