Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Will Be Still




As I was thinking on what to post for this week's song, I was reminded of several comments that I have received lately about this particular song. The name of it is Still. Last year when I went into the studio with By Design to lay this track down I didn't know what a profound impact it would have on so many people's lives. We serve such an amazing God. He has allowed this song to touch people in the midst of whatever storms they are going through in their lives - lost loved ones, business frustrations, family struggles. The list goes on and on. I pray that He will continue to comfort through this song. I know that it has given me hope and strength on my darkest days. I pray that it can for you also. Here are the lyrics of the song:

Hide me now under Your wings

Cover me with Your mighty hands

When the oceans rise and thunders roar

I will soar with You above the storm

Father, You are king over the flood

I will be still and know You are God

Find rest me soul in Christ alone

Know His power in quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar

I will soar with you above the storm

Father, You are king over the flood

I will be still and know You are God

If you would like to hear the whole song, you can go to several different sites. CDBaby.com or iTunes are two of them. Once on the site, look for the CD By Design Where Hope Remains.

Blessings!!!




2 comments:

Cheri said...

Love that song. You all sang that a church a while back but your CD wasn't out yet. Love it!!

ocean mommy said...

This is a great song......