Monday, November 5, 2007

Let the little children.........

Jesus himself knew what special little creatures children are. He even told us in His word that we must come as a child to Him. This morning, the kids and I were all on our way to school as like any other morning. The girls asked for me to play my CD for them to sing to. They fight over who will sing which solo. The first song, "Shout Your Fame" came on and Georgia decided that she would be Kelly this morning and Ginny would be Nancy. They started singing their respective solo parts and then got to the chorus. At that point, I looked in my rearview mirror to smile at them and got the most precious glimpse. Both girls had their hands raised praising our Lord just like they have seen me and the other members of By Design do countless times, "I will shout Your fame to all the earth, I will lift Your name on high, I will show the world your greatness, You are my God, Jesus, I will shout Your fame.........." At that moment tears started welling up inside of me and springing forth out of my eyes. At that very moment, God was reaffirming everything that I have worked so hard to instill in those two little girls. It was as if He was saying, "They are mine.... don't worry..... I've got this whole thing." What an answer to prayer!

You see, I have really been struggling about going back to work. The housing market is continuing to drop and that is not good when your hubby is an electrical contractor. I do have a peace about stepping up and helping financially again, but I have really struggled with what to do. At this time, teaching is the only answer that I have gotten any peace about. Faithful friends are already praying with me for THE answer. But, this morning was a blessing. Thank you. Lord, for showing me big things in the smallest of instances.

3 comments:

The Stokes Family said...

Please know that we are praying for you in this decision, Deanna!

~Amanda

Carol said...

Now tears are springing forth from my eyes! I can just see them now. That is so sweet. I'm still lifting you, girl!

ocean mommy said...

That's awesome, what a gift God gave you this morning through your children.

Praying for you!

steph.