Monday, October 8, 2007

Jesus Bring the Rain

I was listening to the radio the other day (with no kids in the car mind you) which is a rarity. Usually we are driving down the road with music blaring to the By Design CD that my girls ask for EVERY time we hop into the car. But, at that particular rare time, I was listening to 104.7 The Fish Atlanta. A song came on the radio that really struck me call "Bring the Rain". As I listened to the words of the song, it hit me how many times I come to my Heavenly Father with all these requests for things that I think that I need for my everyday life - peaceful attitudes from the kids for the day; Lord, help me find whatever it is that I have misplaced that particular day; Lord, can you give me just a few extra minutes today to get everything done on my To-Do list, etc. But, what I really should be praying is just for Jesus to bring anything my way that will cause me to give glory to Him alone that day. He has my best in mind and only asks for one thing from me - to give Him glory in everything that I do. WOW!! Enough said. Thank you, Lord, for the reminder. Jesus, bring the rain.

" Bring me joy bring me peace
And the chance to be free
Anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus bring the rain"

2 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

I love this song! I so identify with it too. Great post. Thanks for the reminder. Amy

Amy Wyatt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.