Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moms for Modesty


Unfortunately, the original website for Moms for Modesty is being shut down due to the "Everyday Mommy" being led to pursue another path right now in her life. But, I wanted to post the original mission statement for Moms for Modesty. I thought that it was worth keeping in my blog since I am also compelled to preserve what society is trying so hard to take from our daughters. So, here is the missions statement. I hope that this will make as big of an impression on you as it did on me when I first read it.

**As a Mom for Modesty, I believe in common sense modesty for girls and young women.
**I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
**I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughters to dress in an immodest manner.
**I believe that true beauty comes from within, and I strive to teach my daughers this truth.
**I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens' clothing that is modest, afforable and stylish.
I hope that you will join me in standing up for our daughters and ourselves to impact the retail industry for the cause of Christ and let them know that we don't appreciate the demoralization and sexualization of little girls and women.

2 comments:

The Stokes Family said...

I have really focused on this site as well--the market around us often makes it tough to dress our girls the way we KNOW they should be dressed, but we have to take the stand. I feel like I dress Anna Beth and myself pretty modestly, but I've been convicted of a few things recently that we are working on. Thanks for the reminder!

Blessings,
Amanda

The Stokes Family said...

I guess I shouldn't have just focused on my daughter--I've struggled with this issue with my boys as well. Ethan has asked for the 'cool' clothes from a certain brand (name begins with an "A") that has unbelievably sexual advertisements. We had to have the talk about the fact that 'cool' is not always 'godly'--I am sure that is just the first of MANY conversations surrounding this subject.

Blessings again!
Amanda